Monday, March 19, 2007

"220, 221...whatever it takes."

I can't come with a truly compelling reason to start blogging. Folks with my politics, my hobbies, and more honorable, interesting pursuits already do it...and they do it better than I could. Furthermore, as much as I enjoy reading other people's random thoughts, I can't imagine anyone would be particularly interested in mine. Frankly, when I'm done having said thoughts, I'M not even particularly interested. However, months--no, years--of writer's block have motivated me to try to shake something loose. If nothing else, maybe I'll just post the contents of every legal pad and Post-It I've scribbled in the past year and then sue anyone who has the talent and drive to finish what I couldn't.

So, all I'm really doing is cleaning out the corners of my, frankly, average brain. Then I'll cross my fingers that I can call in enough favors--or trap a lonely insomniac who accidentally happens by--to get a hit or two. Maybe I'll publish it all one day as A Salute to the Run-On Sentence: One Woman, Countless Ellipses.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hereby stick my thumbs under my imaginary suspenders and applaud your blog. one, because i quite enjoy you although we haven't seen each other in ages and two, because it smacks a bit (at least for me) of my very own ersatz blog.
blog on molly