Thursday, July 10, 2008

OMG! Martin Van Buren makes me LOL!

The entire drive back from my vacation, I was sweating this blog. Knowing that I had only recently resumed the great "grow a pair and write every day" experiment meant I had better have plenty of topics on the line upon my return. So I took to texting myself ideas and quotes. What this didn't yield was any idea on which I could write more than one sentence. What it did yield was a moment of great pleasure when really weird phrases popped up on the screen of my Treo. Not to mention the even greater pleasure when I forgot I'd texted myself and stumbled across those messages later.

Anyway, since I think you're supposed to wait a week after returning from vacation and an hour after eating before blogging, I thought I'd better ease back in by, simply, sharing my most recent self-texts. I thought I'd build in some reader participation, too: see if you can identify which phrases were uttered by my husband and which were uttered by 80's glam rock outfit Faster Pussycat.

"So, Martin Van Buren...well HE had a very troubled presidency."

"There's no one home in my house of pain..."

"This Miller Chill reminds me of the story of Akbar the Great."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess that Van Buren quote is from Faster Pussycat... They seem like they'd be knowledgable about the Panic of 1837...

CW5H2O said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that 1 and 3 are Husband, since I know that 2 is from Faster Pussycat...aren't you proud at what being your friend has exposed me to?? :)

Anonymous said...

What happened to posting every day? Is this your only post for the month of July?!?

Mollyblogger said...

Clubber Lang, I am dishonored.

*collapse*