Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Rise of the Machines

I'm afraid I have some shocking news: androids are planning a hostile takeover of Indianapolis. The Crossroads of America is (are?) poised to become the wasteland of the artificially-intelligent. (Currently, said Crossroads are inexplicably overrun with people who like to watch cars drive in circles...that's a different kind of intelligence.)

I was driving under an overpass today--I was underpassing--when I almost wrecked the car. "DROIDS" was scrawled across the cement. I had just seen the same drippy, ominous message on an abandoned building 10 minutes before. And yesterday, while stopped at an intersection, I saw "OBEY DROID" carved into a toppling pile of plastic and metal that I suspect was once a phone booth. Dude. They're coming.

And this is NOT like the time I saw all the people waiting in line in downtown Indy for the Star Wars Convention and warned everyone that we were being taken over by Storm Troopers (before I got in line and went inside to look for Warwick Davis). This is real, man. The only upside will be being able to routinely geek out and say "These aren't the droids we're looking for." Aside from that, this promises to be terrifying.

No comments: