Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hangin' Chad Tapped the Phone in My Basement

I've never been fond of people who bitch about paying taxes to support schools and social programs from which they don't personally benefit. It's called citizenship or did you miss that day in 4th grade?

Anyway, a chilling phone call from my sister almost makes me reconsider my position...because if there's one thing I might hate more than Team Every Man for Himself, it's a big, big idiot. My sister works her freakishly small fingers to the bone teaching orchestral music in public schools. *Pause and pay your silent homage.* Today she called to tell me about an e-mail her colleague sent out reminding everyone to vote for the much-needed levy (schools - funding = hooliganism). Concerned that vacationers might miss the important election, this woman asked everyone to pick up an "absent-T ballot." Shocking (especially considering that Absent-T has been implicated in the death of Biggie Smalls...but I won't hate)!

I've urged my sister to write back and ask her learned associate if she's down with the feud between the other election riff-raff: Hangin' Chad, Demokra C, and the rest.

*sigh* In spite of the aforementioned idiot--or, maybe, even because of her--please support your public schools.

Peace out.

2 comments:

Eeeradicator! said...

It was the PRINCIPAL. The PRINCIPAL OF THE SCHOOL who thinks we all need "Absent-T" ballots.

Would that be a "Ballo"? (rim shot)

Anonymous said...

Oh, good Lord.

But - if it's any consolation, I laughed my ass off at "Shocking (especially considering that Absent-T has been implicated in the death of Biggie Smalls...but I won't hate)!"

BRILLIANT.