Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Morning, Ralph"

Y'see, the nice thing about that blog title is that I could take it in a number of different directions. In fact, in retrospect, it sounds as if I'm planning an entry on morning sickness (which I do NOT have any reason to have, gun-jumpers). Another nice thing about this title is that, once you've read the blogs, only the one-time Looney Tunes viewers among us will giggle. Even as a relatively inexperienced blogger, I know that you're supposed to make obscure references that alienate 3 out of 4 readers.

The best thing about this entry is though is that, for reasons I cannot explain, I'm blogging in the dark--in my defense, 'twas dusky when I sat down to type--so my first attempt at the opening line came out, "U'see the mice things."

Now, down to the matter at hand. Driving home late-ish last night, I tuned in to the local ABC affiliate on my car radio [because I'm 80 years old, I guess, and can't stomach the rock 'n' roll on the other stations]. Before long, I found myself listening to Nightline (I miss you, Ted Koppel). I was only half-listening to the story when I heard a frustrated male voice say five magic words:

"Pollyanna view of wolf management."

How Nightline knew about the name I had pegged for my metal band, I'll never know.

No comments: